Feb. 11th, 2010

telerib: (captain)
I finished another project yesterday, by far the most fun one I'm doing for the run-up to Kingdom Arts and Sciences Festival (KASF). I made a book.

I want to display all the stuff I did this past year as Poeta Atlantiae, and if there's one thing I've learned recently, it's that poetry and music displays like... well, like boring pieces of paper next to all the beautiful arts. So I decided to bind my collected output. I did a little light reading but didn't make the binding itself into a major A&S effort. It was fun!

I harvested the pressboard covers from an old binder. Some scrap wool left over from my Owl and Apple cloak serves for a binding. Between the beading and the leatherworking, I had two skeins of linen thread to pick from to stitch the folio together (and the leatherworking awl was helpful there, too). A piece of Bristol board from my calligraphy efforts went to be the end-papers. I had some wire around from my non-SCA jewelry-making, and twisted it into a frame and compass star (my heraldic primary charge) for the cover. Metallic thread from the sewing box - couched the wire-work onto the cover. I used my felt-tipped calligraphy pen to write a cover sheet (insular miniscule), but printed the rest of the poetry out on the computer. Then, Elmer's Glue-All and some heavy books to put it all together!

It didn't take long and the result is spiffy. I could easily see doing this for all kinds of compilations.

August 2014

S M T W T F S
     12
3 456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 23rd, 2017 02:44 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios